Provide you with customized services
Online Security Guidelines
The number of internet threats such as spyware, viruses and fraudulent websites continue to increase and become sophisticated. Whilst online transactions such as those executed through our website are generally safe, we recommend you to take caution of these threats which target to steal your personal information such as usernames, passwords and credit card numbers.
To protect your account with Mason Financial Group Limited, we recommend you to observe these guidelines:
- Never disclose your Mason Financial Group Login and Trading PIN to anyone in person, over the phone, via email or on a non-secure fraudulent website whose address does not start with https://www.masonsec.com. Mason Financial Group will never ask your Login and Trading PIN over the phone or via email.
- When logging into Mason Financial Group website, make sure that the website address in your browser's address bar starts with https://www.masonsec.com.
- Verify that you are logging in at Mason Financial Group website using secure SSL channel. The URL of a secure channel should start with https:// instead of http:// and there should be padlock at the bottom of your browser which looks like in Microsoft Internet Explorer. Double click the padlock to verify that the digital certificate is issued to www.masonsec.com and that it is valid.
- If you receive a suspicious email which looks like being sent by Mason Financial Group and contains a link to a login page, do not enter your account number and password on that page. Forward the email to cs @masonhk.com. Never open a suspicious email and click the link to it nor input your personal data.
- Do not click on the links embedded in the emails to log in to your Mason Financial Group account. Always access Mason Financial Group website via your browser's favorites menu or by typing the correct address www.masonsec.com.
- Avoid accessing Mason Financial Group website from public/shared computers such as those in cyber cafes. Public/shared computers have high risk of being infected with malicious software which could record your Mason Financial Group account number, password and other personal information.
- Change your Login and Trading PIN regularly. Do not use easy to guess combinations when choosing a PIN.
- Regularly log in to your Mason Financial Group account to verify your balances and transactions. Report any unusual activity to us immediately.
- Ensure that your computer and browser are up-to-date with latest security patches. Whenever possible, use the latest version of your favorite browser.
- Install anti-virus and a personal firewall on your computer to protect yourself from spyware, Trojan horses and hacking.
- Always disconnect from the Internet when not using it.
- Regularly visit the following websites to keep abreast of latest security news. Subscribe to security newsletters/alerts if offered.
Hong Kong Monetary Authority